Six weeks ago, the last time we checked in on the USSSA National Power Rankings for the 13U age division, the Scottsdale Dirtbags 13U Black did not make the top 5 list. This time around they sit at the top spot based on a big tournament title last month.
Here is an expanded look at the top five teams nationally…
- Scottsdale Dirtbags 13U Black: The Dirtbags (pictured) are a perfect 9-0 this USSSA season In Class and have two tournament championships in as many tries. They won the Southwest Shootout in October and last month’s USSSA Veterans Salute Qualifier which made them eligible to compete in the Elite World Series. Manager Eric Carlson’s team is averaging close to 13 runs per game while allowing just over three. They are back in action tomorrow at the Holiday Classic and are set to take on Team Dinger 13U and AZ T-Rex Easton Blue in Pool Play.
- Spitfire Elite- Pizarro: The Spitfire Elite jumped up two spots since the last rankings after an impressive 3-1 showing at the DFW Fall Super NIT. They outscored opponents 34 to 5, but were knocked out by the Stix Black (3-2) in bracket play. Prior to that tournament showing they had three consecutive tournament titles and still boast a 14-3 overall record.
- Arkansas Drillers: The Drillers fall from the top spot primarily due to inactivity in USSSA play. They haven’t entered a tournament since October 6 Arkansas Fall State championships in which they finished third. Manager Ty Miller’s group is 8-2 overall (6-2 In Class) and has taken down some top competition along the way.
- Kangaroo Court Roos American: The Roos American also drop two spots and have had mixed results since the last rankings update. They won the 6-4-3 SWFL Championship NIT going 5-0 and outscoring teams 53-4 last month. Kangaroo Court followed that appearance up with a disappointing showing at the 8th Annual Wreaking Havoc Qualifier in which they were 1-2 and fifth place. Those were however their only two losses on the season and manager Jason Miller has his team at 16-2 overall plus a perfect 8-0 In Class.
- Crawdads by YETI Baseball Club: The Crawdads are another team making its first appearance in the 13U division rankings. They are an outstanding 18-1 overall this USSSA fall season, including 6-0 In Class. The Crawdads are currently sitting on a four-tournament winning streak which was most recently extended at last month’s Veterans Day Classic Qualifier. Manager Josh Sanders’ team went 3-1 and outscored teams 31-9 including an 8-0 shutout in the finals over GPS Texas Baseball. The Crawdads are averaging a +5 run differential during In Class games – an excellent mark.
Youth1’s Recruiting Counselors are on a mission to educate student-athletes and families about the recruiting process. The process starts early and is very competitive so we want to make sure we do whatever we can for families interested in learning more about the college athletic recruiting process. We’re here to answer your questions and provide guidance through the important decisions that will shape your athlete's journey in sports.
Enter your information below to speak to a Youth1 Recruiting Counselor.