Four weeks ago we took an in-depth look at the top five teams in the 13U USSSA national power rankings. Now it’s time to check in again as the fall ball season is beginning to wind down. There are three new teams to this list, and they occupy the top spots…
- Arkansas Drillers: The Drillers leap from out of the top five last month to the No.1 spot after two impressive performances at the Silver Ring Prelude to Fall State and Arkansas USSSA Fall State Championships finishing in first and second place respectively. Manager Ty Miller has his team at 8-2 overall, including 6-2 In Class. The Drillers win with great pitching and stingy defense as they allow just over 3 runs per game on average against other 13-Major teams.
- Kangaroo Court Roos American (pictured): The boys from Trinity, Florida, have won both of its USSSA tournaments this fall. We covered their title at last month’s 5th Annual Fall Classic in which the Roos went 5-0 and outscored teams 36-16. Manager Jason Miller is at the helm of a top offense as they average over seven runs per game In Class. The Roos are a perfect 10-0 on the season.
- D-Bat Elite North Texas: D-Bat Elite took home the DFW fall State Championships two weeks ago which certainly helped land them a top three ranking. At that State Level 2 tournament, they were 6-0 overall and outscored opponents 41-14. Brandon Gaviglio’s team is 9-2 and set to build on that record this weekend at the DFW fall Super NIT. They’ll take on the Keller Knights and Forth Worth Mavericks in pool play.
- Spitfire Elite- Pizarro: Spitfire Elite drops from the top spot last month to No.4 despite winning the lone USSSA tournament they entered – the One Day Scary Sunday Qualifier. Impressively they took down a 14-Major team, Dallas Raiders Anzaluda, 2-1 in the finals. The Spitfire Elite are 9-1 In Class this season and will look to enhance that excellent mark this weekend as they too will play in the DFW fall Super NIT. They are set to play Team Xtreme and the Arlington Spartans in the first round.
- Dugout Glory: Dugout Glory drops from No.2 to No.5 this month, but they’ve been quite active since the last rankings. They won the 300 Point Showcase NIT by going 4-0 and defeating the Dallas Patriots- Ramos in the championship before finishing in third at the Hurricane Harvey Super NIT. This weekend they will join the two teams immediately ahead of them on this list at the DFW fall Super NIT. They’ll play two Major opponents – Dulins Dodgers 2024 and Texas Momentum Baseball.
Youth1’s Recruiting Counselors are on a mission to educate student-athletes and families about the recruiting process. The process starts early and is very competitive so we want to make sure we do whatever we can for families interested in learning more about the college athletic recruiting process. We’re here to answer your questions and provide guidance through the important decisions that will shape your athlete's journey in sports.
Enter your information below to speak to a Youth1 Recruiting Counselor.