Five weeks ago, the last time we checked in on the 13U USSSA National Power Rankings, the Arkansas Drillers were one spot ahead of the Kangaroo Court Roos American. In the latest rankings, the Roos have jumped over the Drillers for a top three spot.
Below is an in-depth look at the top-5 teams in the 13 Major national division.
- Scottsdale Dirtbags 13U Black: Since the last rankings the Dirtbags have been busy. They’ve competed in three USSSA tournaments, winning the Holiday Classic Qualifier. Most recently Manager Eric Carlson’s team finished in third place at the USSSA Winter Classic. The boys from Scottsdale have a 19-2-1 In Class record and three titles on the season. They outscore other Major-classified teams by an average of 7 runs per game.
- Spirfire Elite- Pizarro: The Spitfire Elite (pictured above) stay in the same spot as last month as they’ve taken a little break at the turn of the New Year. Still, Manager Chabriel Pizarro’s squad is 12-2 In Class, 14-3 overall with three titles in four appearances. Spitfire Elite most recently finished in fifth place in November’s DFW Fall Super NIT but only lost one game – a 3 to 2 decision to the Stix Black. Spitfire’s excellent pitching and defense is the key – they allow an average of under two runs per game to other 13-Major teams.
- Kangaroo Court Roos American: The Roos American from Trinity, Florida, have an unbeaten In Class mark of 8-0. They won the Fifth Annual Fall Classic back in October but fell short in their most recent tournament in November. Regardless they are in the top three based on overall resume and some other teams taking a step back.
- Arkansas Drillers: The Drillers, from Greenbrier, have played in just 10 total USSSA games this season, but have tested itself against some top Major teams. They are 8-2 overall with a title earlier in the fall season. Maybe even more impressive was manager Ty Miller’s team’s effort at the State Championships. They were 4-1 and outscored opponents 29-7. In the finals they fell short by a single run to the Proformance Sticks.
- Crawdads by YETI Baseball: The Crawdads continue to stick around in these rankings because they’ve won every USSSA tournament they’ve entered to compile a 18-1 record, including 6-0 In Class. Manager Josh Sanders has his team ready to compete again come the spring season. The boys from Austin mash the baseball as they average close to 10 runs per game while allowing just 1.5.
Youth1’s Recruiting Counselors are on a mission to educate you on the recruiting process - one that's very competitive and starts early. Let us provide guidance through the most important decisions that shape your athlete's journey in sports.
Learn how to become a recruitable student-athlete, find out what colleges you match best with, and get the ability to message college coaches directly with a specialized recruiting package.
Don't wait, schedule a time to speak with a Youth1 Recruiting Counselor. It's FREE! Just fill out the following information and then select a date and time in the form below.