The experts at Hockey Training have a an awesome workout to help you improve your speed on the ice.
The full workout includes:
1. Proper warm up with some low effort runs
2. Half kneeling start sprints: 8 x 20 yds with 75-90 secs rest in between sprints
3. Back pedal sprints: 4 x 15 yds with 75-90 secs rest in between sprints. Start 5 yards in front of starting line, back pedal 5 yards and then sprint forward 15 yards (not 10 as mentioned in video by mistake).
4. Box jumps 12 x 1 with 60-75 secs rest in between jumps
5. Jumping medicine ball throw from chest x 15 with 45-75 secs rest in between throws
Youth1’s Recruiting Counselors are on a mission to educate student-athletes and families about the recruiting process. The process starts early and is very competitive so we want to make sure we do whatever we can for families interested in learning more about the college athletic recruiting process. We’re here to answer your questions and provide guidance through the important decisions that will shape your athlete's journey in sports.
Enter your information below to speak to a Youth1 Recruiting Counselor.