Since last month when we checked in on the 13U Major division National Points Standings there has not been a whole lot of movement within the top-10 teams, and none within the top 5. Nevertheless these elite teams have been testing themselves in USSSA action and deserve the recognition to follow.
- Louisiana Sox: After the Sox’s Wilson DeMarini Elite World Series championship last month, nothing was going to knock them off of this top spot. They went 7-0-1 in Florida against some of the best national competition to win their seventh USSSA tournament crown in 2018 – including three in a row. Manager Teddy Mooney has guided his team to a 33-4-1 In Class record while outscoring those opponents by greater than three runs per game on average.
- YETI Baseball Club Crawdads: The Texas- based Crawdads finished a respectable fifth at the Elite World Series and went 4-2 overall. They were eliminated by the Midwest Astros but had quality wins over the LA Xtreme and Quinco Wolverines Black. The Crawdad’s most impressive title came in April’s Rawlings Global NIT where they went 4-0 and outscored opponents 28-9. The boys from Austin have an excellent 57-22-1 overall USSSA record and a deserved spot in the top 5.
- Louisiana Redbirds: The second Louisiana-based team on this list, the Redbirds, were last month’s featured squad as they won a Global World Series title and won 8 of 9 games over a week. Manager Laban Levy has led this team to an outstanding mark of 54-26-1 overall in USSSA sanctioned competition, scoring an average of six runs per game.
- SA Kings Obregon: The Kings from San Antonio are .500 In Class but have several metrics to back up their place in the top 5. The combined record of the teams they’ve beaten is seven games over .500, good for third on this list and their overall record of 66-44-2 proves they are battle tested. The Kings also don’t suffer so-called bad defeats meaning the winning percentage of the teams they’ve lost to is .641 – second best on this list.
- Elite Squad Outlaws (pictured): The only team from Florida on this list (which is unusual in youth baseball) the Outlaws shot up the rankings list last month because of their 7-1 second place showing at the Elite World Series. They are 43-8 overall and have beaten teams with the best combined winning percentage than any other squad on this rankings write- up. More importantly perhaps, they do not lose to bad teams. Those 8 teams the Outlaws have been defeated by are 97-36. This group has tremendous promise as the 2019 season officially begins in a few weeks.
Youth1’s Recruiting Counselors are on a mission to educate you on the recruiting process - one that's very competitive and starts early. Let us provide guidance through the most important decisions that shape your athlete's journey in sports.
Learn how to become a recruitable student-athlete, find out what colleges you match best with, and get the ability to message college coaches directly with a specialized recruiting package.
Don't wait, schedule a time to speak with a Youth1 Recruiting Counselor. It's FREE! Just fill out the following information and then select a date and time in the form below.