Each of the last two weeks we’ve taken a deeper look at some of the most competitive divisions in youth baseball. Two weeks ago we dove into the 14U age group and last week it was the 13U group who got the spotlight.
Now it’s time to peer closer into the 12U top 5 nationally ranked USSSA teams based on Power Rankings.
- KC Siege: The Siege from Kansas City are off to an undefeated start after two titles – the Fall Rings Championship and Fall State Championship. Combined they are 8-0, including 6-0 In Class. Manager Dirk Kiser’s squad is averaging 7.5 runs per game against fellow 12-Major teams while allowing only 2.67 runs. They’re back in tournament action tomorrow morning at the KC Sports Midwest Global Fall State with pool games scheduled against the SZ Dirty Dozen and BC/KC Rawlings Prospects-Keech. The Siege will look to extend their title streak to three.
- Five Star DeMarini Elite: Five Star DeMarini Elite has played in just one USSSA tournament thus far this season, but it was a big-time one and they took home the trophy. Late last month at the Jay Criscione Super NIT, manager Josh Baker’s team went 5-0 and outscored all Major-classified teams by a combined 63-19 while averaging over 12 runs per game! The DeMarini Elite potent offense will be back on full display starting tomorrow at the 6-4-3 Mid-Fall Super Regional NIT with scheduled games versus Team Florida 2025 (should be a tremendous matchup) and the TBSA Patriots 12U- Blackmon.
- Mission: Mission, from Bixby, Oklahoma, has dominated a couple of qualifier tournaments this season. Combining their Bownet Blowout and Fall Opener titles, Mission is 8-0 and outscored foes 69 to 20 overall. Half of those games were against fellow 12-Major teams. Manager Gary Staton will guide his team back into tournament play tomorrow at the Fall Arkansas Shootout Championships. They’ll begin play against the AAA Arkansas Diamondbacks before taking on Perfect Timing Blue (Major).
- Dallas Patriots-Sheets: The Dallas Patriots haven’t won a tournament title in its two tries in USSSA play this season, but they have put forth solid efforts. They’re a combined 5-2-1 overall and most recently finished in third place at the Tara Sawyer Memorial Tournament, dropping a semifinal game to the Texas Stix. Manager Trent Hudson’s team is outscoring opponents by an average of three runs per game.
- Team Florida 2025 (pictured): Team Florida is a cool 10-0 this season, including 4-0 In Class. They are 2-for-2 in tournament appearances and championships, most recently winning the 6-4-3 September Shootout NIT. Manager Emilio De Leon is leading this Hialeah-based team into the 6-4-3 Mid-Fall Super Regional beginning tomorrow. Their second pool game against DeMarini Elite (the No.2 team in the rankings) should be fun. They’ll also take on the Brandon Blazers to begin the schedule.
Youth1’s Recruiting Counselors are on a mission to educate you on the recruiting process - one that's very competitive and starts early. Let us provide guidance through the most important decisions that shape your athlete's journey in sports.
Learn how to become a recruitable student-athlete, find out what colleges you match best with, and get the ability to message college coaches directly with a specialized recruiting package.
Don't wait, schedule a time to speak with a Youth1 Recruiting Counselor. It's FREE! Just fill out the following information and then select a date and time in the form below.