As the calendar hits the summer months, the action in youth baseball has already begun to heat up around the country. Below are the top 5 nationally ranked teams in the USSSA 14-Major division.
- YETI Baseball Club Crawdads: The boys based in Austin, Texas, competed in two USSSA tournaments this month and finished as runners up in the South Zone State and champions of the South Texas USSSA State Championships two weeks ago. Manager Josh Sanders has guided his team to a 43-7 overall record (dating back to the fall season) including 21-5 In Class. YETI has three tournament titles in 2019 and outscores 14-Major teams by an average of over 3 runs per game.
- Louisiana Tigers Gold: The Tigers haven’t found the winner’s circle since an early May Qualifier event, but they had back to back third place Select30 Super NIT finishes last month and continue to produce top results. They most recently went 1-2 at last week’s State Tournament with tough losses to Varsity Elite and Team Chaos. The Tigers however have a 33-7-1 overall record and allow teams just over 3 runs per game.
- Orlando Storm 14U: The Storm dominated last month’s Beast Mode Qualifier tournament going 4-0 and outscoring opponents 22-6. Manager Eric Seeber’s team has compiled a 41-11 overall record, including 15-5 In Class. They have five USSSA tournament titles in 2019 and will look to build upon that this summer season. The Storm have stingy pitching and defense as they only -surrender 2.9 runs per game on average to other 14-Major squads.
- Oklahoma Fuel 14U (pictured): The Fuel are 11-2 in its last four USSSA tournaments combined and have come on as of late. The boys from Edmond, Oklahoma, are now 30-10-1 overall with back to back tournament titles – both of which came this month. Manager Greg Neuman has led this team to a top 5 USSSA National Ranking – which is an extremely impressive feat. The Fuel’s greatest triumph came at the Global State Tournament where they were 4-0 and defeated the OK Lynx 6-5 in the championship game.
- Lake Nona Lightning: The second team from Orlando on this week’s rankings, the Lightning, rebounded after an opening game loss to win the Back to the Future Qualifier three weeks ago. Prior to that they won a big-time Super NIT event in Florida, the Champions Cup. Lake Nona possesses an excellent 41-8-1 record, including 18-4 In Class. Manager Romeo Mitchell can rely on his team’s offense to produce great results as they average close to six and a half runs per game.
Youth1’s Recruiting Counselors are on a mission to educate you on the recruiting process - one that's very competitive and starts early. Let us provide guidance through the most important decisions that shape your athlete's journey in sports.
Learn how to become a recruitable student-athlete, find out what colleges you match best with, and get the ability to message college coaches directly with a specialized recruiting package.
Don't wait, schedule a time to speak with a Youth1 Recruiting Counselor. It's FREE! Just fill out the following information and then select a date and time in the form below.